Florida law requires that all motorized vessels by titled and registered.
To title and register a boat in the applicant’s name, please bring the following items to the Tax Collector’s office:
- For new boats:
- A “manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin” completed by the selling dealer and bill of sale or dealer invoice listing the purchase price, sales tax, and trade-in allowance. Please note, additional sales tax may be due.
- For used boats:
- The title must be properly completed for transfer by the seller.
Note: Every person applying for ownership on a new or used vessel must sign the title or the Application For Certificate of Title or be present in our office to sign the application and provide personal identification.
- Sales tax must be paid unless the transaction is exempt.
- Title application fees range from $8.25 to $14.25 depending on the type of transaction.
- Registrations are renewed annually. Boat registrations expire annually at midnight of the owner’s birthday. If more than one owner is on the title, it is based on the birthday of the 1st owner listed on the registration. For company owned boats, the expiration date is June 30th.