Graduated License or Learner License- to earn a learner license, you must be at least 15 years old. You will need to provide the following:
- Proof that you completed a Traffic Law & Substance Abuse Education Course (the course provider will electronically submit this information and it will be available to all Florida Driver License Offices.)
- Notarized Parental Consent Form IF parent or guardian will not be present. If you are under 18 and are not married, a parent or legal guardian must sign your license application.
- Required Documents to satisfy REAL ID requirements (if applicant does not currently possess a valid Florida Learner's Permit or Identification Card:
- Certified Birth Certificate from Vital Statistics (photo copies cannot be accepted) or valid U.S. Passport
- Original Social Security Card
- Two proofs of residential Florida address* dated within the last 30 days ( this can be two pieces of mail with their name and address). (*Parents can provide the two proofs of address and sign an affidavit at the office stating the student resides with them.) You can visit flhsmv.gov/WhatToBring for more information regarding acceptable documents for non-US citizens.
- If child's name has changed since birth, please provide any certified name change documents such as a court order.
- If the applicant wears glasses for distance, please bring your glasses as an eye test will be conducted.
We strongly encourage individuals to study for the test.
*Appointments are required for all testing. Proof of insurance is also required when taking a driving test. To schedule a driving test, book online or call our Customer Support Center at (850)248-8501.