THE PROPERTY APPRAISER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREPARATION OF:
- The current Ad Valorem tax roll.
- Assessed value of property.
- Property tax exemptions, including homestead exemptions.
- Taxable value.
- Assessed owner’s name and address, including address changes.
- The legal description of property.
First-time applications for homestead exemption and widow, widower or disability exemptions must be filed with the Property Appraiser by March 1 of the tax year.
You must notify the Property Appraiser when you no longer qualify for any of the exemptions.